Saturday, January 31, 2009

26 weeks

I turned 26 weeks pregnant today (it sorta feels as though I should be having a small birthday party for every week that passes). Physically, I have more aches and pains. My feet hurt in the mornings, my lower back aches occasionally, and heartburn has been a frequent visitor lately. The heartburn is weird because I typically don't experience it so when it happens I am never sure if it really is heartburn or some other crazy symptom. Tums have been helpful (and tasty!). I feel tired faster which is a little more reminiscent of the first trimester. I sleep, and sleep, and sleep. I get around 9 or 10 hours a night and I LOVE it. I do feel guilty for it though but David promises me that he isn't bitter. Sweet guy! Emotionally I am usually feeling good. I do have moments when I feel disconnected and I think that is directly related to how tired I am. Also, I have small bouts with anxiety but so far are short-lived and appear to be hormonally related. I still feel impatient with all that I want to get done in our house before the baby comes. I have to keep remembering that home improvement after the baby comes is not impossible.

The baby is kicking all the time and I can tell that he is growing because he can hit both sides of my tummy at the same time. Sometimes I wonder if he has more than two arms or legs because of all the punches and kicks I get. They don't hurt yet but are quite distracting in church. He ALWAYS moves when Pastor Mike preaches. It makes it really difficult to pay attention.

Oranges, apples, and their juices are flowing in my body like blood. I'm eating and drinking so much of them. Grapes are a new fruit I've added to the regimen.

We are a few steps closer to a name for our little guy. I think we've narrowed it down to two or three names with one in the lead. I still want to see our boy before bestowing a name. I've prayed about it and am sure that the Lord will make it clear somehow. (No, I'm not looking for skywriting).

This week I have begun a cleaning frenzy. I don't think I've ever cleaned anyplace I've lived in as much as I've cleaned our house. I swept, mopped, dusted, vacuumed, cleaned windows, along with the weekly chores of laundry and dishes. I've bought the paint for our guestroom and decided to try that FreshAire brand that is supposed to be non-toxic. Once that is painted, we'll change the carpets. After carpets are installed, I can finally hang the headboard I made for that room and put in the new bedding that I got (in an incredible closing sale at Linens n' Things).

I have my first open house for Uppercase Living this coming Saturday. I am a little nervous but am hopeful. I'm really excited about this stuff and can see it taking off.

2 comments:

  1. Iris always moved during the sermon, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How'd the open house go? Praying for you!

    Oh, and there's something for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete