Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Shepherd and His sheep...er...or lambs

The "theme" (not really a true theme in that you have every single item in the room belonging to or displaying thematic object) of Bubba's nursery is Shepherd and His sheep. I am not going overboard...we are talking subtle (for those of you who need to tone it down--Yes, that means you, Mom). But in playing around on the internet I came across a fun site: www.sheepgiftsandmore.com

It had all things sheep and lambs. It was fun. I would like to own one large stuffed animal sheep. (Again, I feel the need to restate that we will NOT have sheep or lambs from top to bottom of this nursery--just a few). Otherwise, if you are not a gift buyer it is fun to note that ANYTHING can be found on the internet and that is awesome (in most cases).

I've finally chosen the nursery furniture and David approves. I was afraid we would not see eye to eye. Who knew he would have an opinion about it? I wanted all white furniture and he wanted some sort of wood finish. I didn't want dark would because I thought that would overpower the small room but finally we decided on this honey or "tea stain" finish which isn't too dark but not so light that I feel like I'm back in the 80's. All that I have left to shop for (nursery furniture-wise) is the rocker/glider w/ ottoman. I think I have found what I am looking for but I still will shop online for other options that might be available. It looks like I will be getting one of those granny looking gliders (albeit extremely comfortable) rather than those very chic and popular upholstered gliders/recliners. I think I am ok with that but will feel slightly embarrassed to have this long-range investment piece in our living room (which it very well may end up). Ok, those are my present thoughts on the nursery. I'm still unsure of the wall color but I hope to focus on this soon.

1 comment: