Saturday, October 11, 2008

taking advantage

Since pregnancy began I've had very little energy. This Saturday morning however started with a bang. I woke up with a lightbulb over my head! This epiphany was of how to decorate the nursery (that I'm not going to decorate until after I hear a heartbeat--but it is so fun to think about). I woke up David (a grumbly David) to tell him. I was hyper and tried to get him out of bed by tickling and singing my rendition of "Oh What a Beautiful Morning" from the Oklahoma musical. Nothing doing. So, since I had some energy to burn I looked up some recipes online, put on some music and began making a feast. I woke up David an hour later to announce (to his great surprise) that I made french toast (never made that, by the way). He was appreciative and I was glad to be able do that for him (and for me, since I had a hankering for french toast--actually beignets but I thought anything with powdered sugar would do). After a time of prayer with David we set about cleaning. David covered the dishes (which I love that he does so willingly since I HATE doing dishes), and putting loads of laundry in the wash. I began sweeping and mopping the kitchen and dining room (all the while Cora was bringing in more mud from outside--for awhile there it seemed like a losing battle). After this chore I needed a break so here I am writing into blogosphere. I am about to fold clothes and clean the bathrooms and later will change the sheets on our guest bed. After that, who knows...I will accomplish as much as my energy stores will allow me.

3 comments:

  1. sounds like you are nesting to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you sound pregnant--plagued with exhaustion one day and beyond motivated the next! These are good days! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, you sound pregnant--plagued with exhaustion one day and beyond motivated the next! These are good days! : )

    ReplyDelete