Tuesday, October 21, 2008

am i doomed?

Over the past two years I have come to hate winter due to the associations I've made with being anxious. As that time nears I find myself in conflict. As much as the past two winters have been hard I still seem to have some hope that it will be better. I loved the holiday season before but there was a serious damper when I felt I couldn't enjoy the food or fully relax. I am hoping and praying that this winter will hold something different for me, if for any reason that I'm pregnant. The last few days have been rather icky. In the afternoons or evenings I've felt more uneasy and anxious. I wonder actually if this is coming because I am starting to get some energy back. Sometimes that can translate into restlessness for me lately. I hope, whatever it is, that it is temporary. It won't be the first time to deal with this and I am more equipped to handle it through experience. I am claiming victory over this area of my life and realizing that victory may not look like complete recovery but like not letting it get in the way of my calling and purpose. Their is still JOY and HOPE and LOVE to be had. AND! I can look forward to a day when this life with all of its wonderful and terrible experiences will be validated in Jesus. Compared to the eternity of bliss with Him, life is pretty short. And therefore, my afternoon or few days or even winter of anxiety and unease is but a miniscule shadow--I think I can persevere.

1 comment:

  1. I will pray for your continued courage to persevere! I love you!

    ReplyDelete