Monday, February 13, 2012

moved

I haven't written in a week.  It is for a strange reason, too.  I am surprised to see what a difference it makes to move my laptop to my dining room table.  Before, the laptop sat upon my sofa cushion or was balanced on sofa's arm.  So, anytime I sat down to nurse or just take a breather I was on the computer.  It constantly beckoned me.  However, ever since gatorade was spilled on the keyboard, we moved our laptop (alias: porthole to the outside world, photo album, and creative outlet) to the dining room table to fix it.  We unscrewed all the unscrewables and set it upside down on a towel in hopes of drying it out.  Thankfully, the next day the laptop turned on again.  We haven't moved it since because we were both realizing just how important this piece of equipment is to us (not to mention, how expensive it would be to replace).  We certainly don't want to risk putting it anywhere that it may get destroyed again.  Since then, when I am in the living room, I don't automatically plug into the computer.  I am sitting on the floor with my children.  I am sitting on the couch watching them.  I don't get irritated when they come to me because they've interrupted my task on the computer.  I'm way more present in that room.  When I have some free moments, I will head to the dining room.  It is usually when Judah has gone down for a nap that I will be able to play on the computer, like I am now.  All that happened is that my laptop moved a few feet and I am playing more with my children, less irritated with them, and wasting less time online.  That has been one of the main reasons I haven't blogged this week. 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, mama. I like it when life surprises me that way. Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete