Wednesday, February 1, 2012

grace and mercy at Sam's wholesale

This Monday we had a flat tire.  It was like salt on the wound after the weekend we had.  It was more complicated than just a flat tire.  It was our first flat tire where we discovered that we didn't have the tool that loosens the lug nuts.  For some reason, it wasn't with the van.  This was, of course, after I drove a short distance on a completely deflated tire, David left Judah with the neighbors, David came to meet us (David Jr. and me), transferred the car seats, and endeavored to conquer said tire.  Still not a big deal until it was proposed that I had to put very sleepy and grumpy children who just needed to let their head hit a pillow into the car to rescue David.  We then discovered that we lost our Sam's card--the one we originally had and the other one we got when we thought we lost the first one. 

After David prayed this morning, I found the first (original) Sam's card underneath the toaster oven.  I don't know either.  *shrug*.  Then the kids and I blazed a trail (OK, it was more like inched our way on a barely-there spare) to Sam's.  We had to buy a new tire (gulp) but it did not take forever to fix as it usually does.  Both children were happy.  Judah was in the sling and David in the basket.  We did some grocery shopping, enjoyed a nice and early pizza lunch there, and then the tire was fixed.  No meltdowns.  No desperate mother looking for something to distract my toddler, no fussy baby.  On top of that, as I was loading my vehicle with my purchases, a nice older gentleman offered to help put some groceries in the van. 
I told all of these things to David Sr. and he was so grateful and praised the Lord.  He was concerned about me having to wait in line while at Sam's to get a replacement card (remember we had to do this before and it took a long time--for our kids it felt like eternity) and he was concerned about the wait for the vehicle.  He prayed specifically that it would go well at Sam's and that people would be around to help me.  And they were.  After the groceries were loaded, the mechanic came out to check to make sure I knew where the spare was supposed to be.  Very friendly.  It was also above and beyond his duties.  I'm thankful to know that David prays for me.  But I am even more thankful that the Lord answers those prayers concerning me.  He loves me and David enough to care for us in even these small matters.   Nothing is too small (or too large) for our Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment