Saturday, February 18, 2012

mercies are new every morning

UPDATE:  I'm still in hospital but I am pretty sure that I am going to insist on going home today.  They will have to do some serious convincing in order to keep me here another night.  Yesterday, we were waiting to make the decision about going home based on the assessment from the urologist that we were were told would come yesterday afternoon.  Lo and behold, he never came.  GRRRRR!  Today, we wait...again.  Telling the nurses what we are waiting for doesn't seem to help much.  They seem as powerless as we are to get the doctors over here.  It is nothing short of infuriating.  I haven't had pain for awhile and could've gone home yesterday and been a help to my family.  I think I will take my chances with the pain meds they send me home with for the next stage of this kidney stone passing.  Thank you for all of the messages and prayers.  We are grateful for them.  Pray for David mostly.  He is tired trying to care for our sick baby without the help of breastfeeding as comfort.  Neither of them are sleeping well at night because of it.  Hopefully, this will be remedied tonight. 

My mood is better this morning and it probably has to do with some good sleep and eating my first (small) meal since lunch on thursday.  Our circumstances aren't fun but I'm not as overwhelmed by it as last night.   Again, thanks for your well-wishes and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment