Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I heart brandon but...

I love living in brandon but I would also love to see it grow and thrive.  I get super excited to see new businesses open up and hope that residents will support those businesses so that they don't die, well, mostly.  I am thinking of the new restaurant that opened not far from our home.  It was called Bonkers and it was just not grabbing customers.  They were a burger place that we tried once.  Not impressive.  And to no one's surprise the place closed down in less than a year.  I felt sorry for those owners' who were hoping to survive and thrive.  Perhaps that was their drea--to own their own business.  I understand that desire.  Maybe it is the lack of productivity that there appears to be when I am at home with David Jr. or maybe it is just a strong part of how the Lord created me (probably both), but I find myself daydreaming about creating and starting a business.  Anyway, I'm getting off track.  Back to Brandon.  I have seen other businesses come up (like Two Ugly Mugs, a coffee and creamery shop) and really hope people go there.  I want it to survive.  If it survives, then that means other people will bring their businesses to Brandon.  That would be great.  We could use more restaurants and retailers.  Not too many, but more.  Which has me thinking...what would I want to open in Brandon?  Hmmmm.  I think a Backyard Burger and/or ChickFilA would be nice.  Oh, and I would love to have an IHOP.  Well, this dream is a stretch but Coffee Rani (a restaurant only in south louisiana) would be a dream come true.  I have wondered many many times if I could hack it as a restauranteur, specifically for a Coffee Rani franchise here in MS.  Probably not.  But I'll keep hoping that it will come here and that the owners will allow me to be a silent partner (while we are dreaming...).

P.S.  No, I'm not pregnant (for the several people who thought I was). 

1 comment:

  1. We were just talking about Bonkers the other day (we never went there...we just drove by and saw that it had closed). And Brian is always talking about what kind of restuarant/business he could open up. I vote for Chick-Fil-A!

    ReplyDelete