Sunday, January 24, 2010

fan of dirt


I'm not a fan of dirt actually.  I tolerate it to an extent.  However, when something is immensely disgusting it is hard not to look away.  In fact, there are producers that make lots of money from t.v. shows that show such nasty ventures.  Think about it:  Survivor is only one of them.  Well, there is a fantastic show that I discovered on the...ahem...discovery channel called Dirty Jobs.  A very blue-collar-friendly guy, Mike Rowe, who takes us to different jobs that others do.  What they have in common is that most people would never want to touch their job with a 10 ft. pole.  For example, he has worked with those who farm meal worms for other sportsmen.  Or those who go through abandoned buildings to rid them of rodents.  Or cleaning out animals and sterilizing their bones for educational or display purposes.  He sees gross things and smells gross things.  Normally, this show would only attract me for so long.  What brings me back again and again is the host.  Mike Rowe is witty, clever, quick, and ultra-likeable.  Apparently, I am not the only one who thinks so.  He has now become the spokesperson for the Ford truck company (and frankly, all of the blue collar/hard working man).  He does not demean these folks that he brings us to meet on his show but rather commends them for doing something no one else wants to do.  All the while making his audience laugh.  I'd be lying too if I didn't admit that he is easy on the eyes.  So, there's my plug:  educational while giving a salute to those people that make living comfortably a possibility AND entertaining.  Can you ask for more?

5 comments:

  1. hey guitta! wanted to tell you I started a blog...I don't know how long it'll last! But it has been pretty fun so far. I've sort of been keeping it all to myself for the first few weeks. But I think I will "put it out there" now. It is at superjerl.blogspot.com . Allright sweet girl, have a good day, just wanted to let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Mike Rowe over here too. We joke because my grandmother always says how attractive he is and my girls are equally as fascinated with him- there's something about that guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i met mike few times and he is down to earth and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i liked that show too!

    hey, your green font is hard to read on the baby-on-breastmilk-yellow-poo color. ;)

    guesss who i am!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would love to know who the 1st anonymous person is. Mike seems to be both of those on the show--a fun guy to be around.

    the 2nd anonymous person is either dena or meg. I am leaning toward dena. :) I do need to change the color of the font. I think I am gonna do a makeover on the blog soon.

    ReplyDelete