Monday, January 18, 2010

my boy is 9 and 1/2 months old

Yes.  And that is 2 and 1/2 months from ONE YEARS OLD!  I must use all caps in order to emphasize how CRAZY that actually is.  I remember thinking that my son would never grow out of napping on me in the rocking chair.  I remember thinking that it would be a long time before he could entertain himself while I did something...anything that wasn't baby related.  We are there.  He sits in the living room and plays.  He naps in our bed without me for at least 45 minutes at a time (but will go down longer if I nurse down again).  He eats our food, he babbles (dadadada, gaga), he is trying oh-so-hard at crawling.  He is SO MUCH FUN! 

I am enjoying this stage so much.  It makes me want more and I feel excited about being pregnant again.  David Sr. --not so much.  He is less excited and I am surprised that it has worked out that way.  I mean, afterall, he is the one that came from the large family.  He does remind me and I am sobered to remember that I was not in the throes of momma-euphoria in the first few months of jr.'s life.  Breastfeeding hurt and not just because I never had THAT much action in that area.  It was thrush.  I never got anything done back then.  It was a huge accomplishment if I got to eat lunch. 



4 comments:

  1. SUCH a fun age!!!! bring on the babies! i'm ready again too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you can enjoy the moments more now, and even get lunch more regularly. :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't I tell you it would get easier? I told you so, I told you so...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it either. It doesn't seem that long ago we came to the hospital when you were waiting for Jr. to come. amazing!

    ReplyDelete