Friday, January 8, 2010

making baklava (pronounced: bet-leh-wah)

I made this a couple of times this season.  I'm actually not a great of fan of this dessert.  I liken eating or buying baklava to a tourist in New York buying a statuette of the Statue of Liberty.  It is there for tourists only because that ends up being how a culture defines itself.  Frankly, I don't like it.  However, when I made my own it tasted scrumptious as it came out of the oven.  So, perhaps I am just a fan of fresh baklava.  I took some pictures to remember the event.  If you want the recipe let me know and I'll get it to you.  It is one of those desserts that looks terribly complicated but is thoroughly easy. 

Spreading chopped walnuts and sugar on layers of buttered philo dough




                                                                        Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. I want! foods made from scratch are better since you can use real ingredients. looks delish!

    ReplyDelete