Friday, April 24, 2009

our first walk and other random news

I went for a walk with my son, husband and dog today for the first time. It went really well. Young David was asleep and seemed to be lulled by the vibrations of the road. It was good for me to get a walk and see spring up close (rather than through a window). I hope to do that more often.

Young David is awake more often between feedings. It has caused me to lose more sleep because it is harder for me to sleep when he is looking about. I just can't help but interact with him (read: look back at him).

I have been feeling a little more anxious today and yesterday. I wonder if that means my pregnancy hormones are leaving me or if I am just tired/sleepy. I hope it is the latter rather than the former. I keep waiting to see if postpartum depression is going to hit me or if my anxiety will return. It is hard to wait and see. I thought my hair was supposed to be falling out but it seems to be clinging with extra force--even my normal amount of shedding is nonexistent. Doesn't seem like a problem but I already have very thick hair and so I can't pull my hair back without getting a headache from the weight. For someone who was "all belly" with my pregnancy, I can't find much to wear that fits and that is nursing friendly. I know to be patient in losing the pregnancy weight but I would by lying if I didn't say that I miss my pre-pregnancy body b/c I miss my pre-pregnancy clothes.

5 comments:

  1. So glad you got OUTSIDE!!!! Isaiah would be cheering for you if he could read this right now, but thankfully he's sleeping in after a late night out. :)

    I totally understand about wanting to interact with him every second he's awake, you've waited so long to meet him, who would want to miss a thing?

    I'm just me, but my hair stayed with me for a long time, too, then I started finding it everywhere! It was kind of annoying, but I bet you'll be ready for the ponytail without headache. I'll be praying for your emotions! I"m sorry that you felt anxious, but remember, you're a mom for the first time, you have a lot more to think about these days, so in some ways, I think you can cut yourself some slack, don't be too worried about some anxious feelings, especially since you're so aware of them and sensitive to them. I'll pray God's comfort for you! I love you and miss you so much! I just want to give you a great big hug!

    And you kiss your young David for me. Isaiah will get his kiss when he gets up :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hair didn't start falling out until maybe four or five months...and then it was (and is) everywhere--gross!

    And those first few months after birth were terrible for me, clothes wise--I hated still wearing my maternity clothes, but I didn't have many regular clothes that still fit. I'm still working on that, actually...

    Call if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so normal, so so normal....just to feel "normal" with the clothing deal, i actually went and bought a few nursing friendly shirts and continued to wear my maternity pants. i was in those for a couple or so months. i was actually sad to have to start zipping my pants again....:) but the free-flowing tops that are stylish now are perfect for the nursing mom i found. they made me feel more cute when i was out even though i still felt fat. just a thought. i considered them transition clothes that i would definitely have to wear again at some point if i planned to have another baby. i didn't get completely back into my old clothes until 6 months. it was a slow process but it came back on its own.

    my hair didn't start going wild until around 5 months. then it was subtle and not too terrible. the funny thing now is that i have these little hairs all around my face and ears that are like an inch long...apparently, they are "new growth" from wear my hair fell out and is now growing back. it is a total pain in the butt b/c i have these little hairs sticking up all over the place that can't be tamed! ha!!!!

    well, toler is getting really impatient with me so i need to go but i would like to talk to you more about the postpartum stuff and the lack of sleep. you are really in the thick of the lack of sleep right now so you are probably really starting to feel the drag. hopefully we can actually talk soon. i would bet that most of this is all completely normal!

    love you! kristie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything I would have said, everyone already covered! It's normal!

    One thing to add tough is a double ponytail to ease the ponytail headaches. You make one ponytail with hair at the crown of your head (the hair that monks shave off) and leave the sides down. use a plastic band - the kind I use for Satomi. Then gather the remaining hair up over the first pony tail and tie again. I find it's a little more work, but it distributes the weight a little more evenly. I tried to find the youtube video where i learned about it, but i couldn't find it. i can show you sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics of Little David, Guitta! Looking forward to Mother's Day in J'town. Love to you all, James.

    ReplyDelete