Monday, April 6, 2009

david olson is 1 week old and coming home

Today is the day. We've had nothing but good news every time we entered the NICU. And today we get to bring our little joy home with us. We are so glad to get to take him home. The doctor called and told me that it was as if he had never needed the NICU--that is how well he is doing! He eats, sleeps, and cuddles like a champ. In fact, David often refers to him as "champ". I think it is so fitting.

I have been gearing myself up for the days ahead. Last night, I took a break from breastpumping in the wee hours so that I could get a straight 8 or 9 hours of sleep just so I can get a good start with david.

The Lord is so good, guys! I can't tell you how many things the Lord has provided. I hope to do a post that would give His providence some justice. We serve a very very good God.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you, Guitta! I'm glad you got a good night's sleep before bringing him home. :) That was very wise.
    We'll be praying for you. Looking forward to seeing pictures!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how God has all the details worked out before you even know what is going to happen. "Be anxious for nothing" has a new meaning to me now when I read and hear of all the things God has done for ya'll and little David. We do serve a GREAT God. We CANNOT WAIT to see you on Friday. (always know that if it is too much you can tell us. we understand!) much love, from the Hogues of Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are just rejoicing for you! When little David is all clear for visitors, we want to come and meet him!

    ReplyDelete