Thursday, April 16, 2009

david's 1st doctor's appointment

I have met "Dr. Craig" Flowers and love him! He is incredibly upbeat and positive. I am thankful that he will be our pediatrician. The first thing he said to me was "your baby is a gift." He gave me some helpful instructions which I appreciated. He has gained 8 oz since last wednesday--isn't that amazing?! So now he is a whopping 6lbs. :) I'm glad all that nursing is going somewhere!

It was a bit hectic trying to nurse a hungry (read: crying) baby, fill out a stack of paperwork, and call my husband for his SS#. And as much as I figured this was a normal occurence for these nurses and staff to see, I felt self-conscious that I was the only frazzled mother they've seen--therefore, I'm a mess and I'm doing it wrong. But by the end of the visit I was assured that it was all part and parcel of being new and having a billion things to carry and attend to.

When we came home we both got two hour naps which was refreshing. It also felt good to get in the car and drive (even if there was a fussing baby in the back).

4 comments:

  1. Be sure to get out when you can--don't stay cooped up on the house all the time! Even if you just go sit in the back yard or something, get some fresh air! It's good for both of you!
    And you'll get used to carrying a billion things and multitasking in ways that you never thought were possible before! I"m so excited for you and can't wait to see how you grow and change in amazing ways!
    I love you!

    Oh, I can't fail to beg you for pictures! When do those of us not in the same state or country as you get to see you new gift?! Did you put them on FB, and I missed them? I don't go on there as often these days.

    But I still love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for successful feedings! I'm so glad he's gaining and that y'all are finding your own little routines. It sounds like you are doing a fabulous job, and I'm continuing to pray that God sustains you and gives you all you need to care for that precious little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for Dr. Flowers! I was late/arrived on the wrong day for Aubrey's first appointment TWICE before I got there on the right day at the right time. Talk about a breakdown. I cried at the reception desk when I was too late for the appointment, while the rug man asked if I was okay.

    It's good to get out. Can't wait to meet David Jr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss you!!!
    it was crazy for our first appt too. I couldn't carry satomi in her carrier either b/c the c-section which made juggling harder.

    it does get easier. on your post on day 2, i know exactly how you feel!!!

    would love to see you sometime - when you're up for it. :)

    ReplyDelete