Tuesday, April 14, 2009

days 3 through 8

We have a routine of sorts right now. I get out of bed between 10 and 12 (not to imply that I wake up at that point but actually wake up every two to three hours beforehand). I change a tiny preemie diaper and sit in the "best chair" chair with boppy and blanket in tow to feed tiny david. I am in that chair until david comes home with a break to get up and change his diaper in between. Then after david takes our dog for a walk I hand tiny david off to him to get a arm/lap break. I catch a bath, a snack, go to the bathroom. In the middle of the night, we have tiny david sleeping with us in the bed. David changes his diaper and hands him to me to feed and then we just sleep in that position until the next feeding. Last night, however, he didn't go straight to sleep and so both of us were up for about an hour trying to settle him down. It didn't happen until I decided to feed him again.

I was disappointed that I didn't get more time with my husband over the Easter holiday but there were just so many things that needed to get done. So, now he is back at work for about a month before his summer break. He has been working super hard to get so much done. I am so appreciative but I just miss his company. Our best time to connect is when we are about to go to bed and we get to truly talk. We compare notes and walk through our new experiences together.

I gotta publish this before my computer battery runs out...

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're getting in to more of a routine. Those little babies need to eat more often for a while, but it does spread itself out, I promise! He won't be eating ever 2 hours forever, and you will get more sleep!
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us know if you need help or visitors or a few minutes out of the house! I'd be glad to drop by and help you when I can.

    ReplyDelete