Wednesday, April 8, 2009

day 2

I got more sleep last night between feedings which was good. I had my follow-up appointment this morning at 9:30 am. Not too hard until I tried to get David in his carseat. He fussed and fussed. I thought that maybe he was still hungry so I sat in my car in the garage and nursed him. Yet, he still fussed. It wasn't until I started driving that he calmed down and went to sleep. (Relief!) His appointment went well: gained 4 oz. since we brought him home, jaundice levels are still going down.

I am constantly holding David between feedings. He'll sleep on me after nursing. I usually sleep with him. However, when David sr. comes home he watches the baby while I take a bath. I hear him fuss (baby david ;)) and it makes me feel anxious. I am concerned that I am holding him too much and he'll not be able to be comforted any other way. My logic says he is only a little over a week--it is ok that I am holding him so much. And also, he is a baby, it is ok if he fusses every now and then. My guts don't say that--just my brain.

Thanks for your prayers, by the way. I did eat a little more today than yesterday. I guess this is all part and parcel of having a newborn. I will try to remind myself that I can do this in Christ's strength AND that this is a phase that has a beginning and an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment