Thursday, March 12, 2009

my beloved left for france

This morning I dropped David off at the airport at 7am. I was feeling fine until we said goodbye and he got teary-eyed. As soon as I saw that I told him not to but it was too late. It was as if a floodgate opened (that I wasn't even sure existed). I drove home in tears and for some reason felt as though David were dead rather than just traveling. I got home and then felt even more emotional as I walked into an empty house. So, I cried some more. I knew that I needed to sleep and got in bed, teary-faced and all and tried to sleep. That didn't work because I was too engrossed in unhappy thoughts. So, I pulled out my trusty Foxtrot comic book and started reading. As sleepiness overtook me, I was able to put it aside and take a nap until 10am. Since then, I got to talk to David on the phone 4 times (each time he arrived and left an airport--Atlanta and New York). Right now, he is currently on the flight across the Atlantic Ocean (pray for him!) and I won't hear from him until tomorrow morning about his arrival (just b/c he won't be able to get to a phone until then) (pray for me!). I'm leaving for my parents' house friday afternoon with Cora. I hope to be busy with baby, shower, and everything else going on. Distraction is key. Since my nap, I've felt better, by the way.

2 comments:

  1. We'll be praying for you!
    Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I know how you feel. When Tuan is gone, I feel much like you've said--from experience, each day does get better!

    ReplyDelete