Thursday, March 5, 2009

30 weeks pregnant and counting

I can't believe I have 10 weeks left (Lord willing). I rather refer to it as 2 and 1/2 months--it sounds longer. Overall, things are well. I am expectedly uncomfortable. I wake up every night between 4am and 6am. I need to go to the bathroom and then it takes up to two hours for me to fall back to sleep. Thankfully, working part-time has afforded me mornings to sleep in. Generally, I catch up on sleep and these days I am tired if I don't get around 9 or 10 hours. I have occasional heartburn that is beautifully and wonderfully eased with a Tums equivalent (the cheap kind!). I find myself very thirsty and very often. I hope that is normal. I was told I don't have gestational diabetes from the glucose test but for some reason I wonder if they did it wrong. I sometimes feel what I think is high blood pressure. I feel this increase in blood volume in my neck. I don't know what that means.

The doctor told me that I was probably going to be 40lbs at delivery. I've gained about 27lbs at this point. That bummed me out but David assured me that I don't look like a cow. I wonder how I could of done anything differently to have gained less weight. I have eaten relatively healthily. Oh well, I'll worry about that later. I also wonder if carrying a boy made a difference. My hips, thighs, and rearend have gotten bigger but I'm still fitting in my pants.

I am getting hot more easily. I used to be quite comfortable in a house that was 76 degrees. Now, if it hits 71 degrees I am turning on the air conditioning.

Emotionally, I have had mild mood swings. It is hard to remember that these swings are a normal part of pregnancy and not just personal issues. I feel nervous sometimes when I think about the exhaustion that is ahead of me. I also feel concerned that my panic attacks will return. Other times, I feel excited--especially since we started getting the furniture and gifts. So fun! It is like getting married all over again.

David leaves for a week in March for France. We've never spent a night apart so I wonder how that is going to be for us. David will be so busy that he might not even notice but I will notice. I'll be going home for a lot of that week and hope to hang out with family and friends. Pray that the week will go smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment