Thursday, December 11, 2008

winter wonderland...really

I was in complete disbelief when I woke up this morning to see not only the ground white but snow falling full blast from the white sky. I got dressed in all my winter goodies (long underwear, boots, hat) to go record Cora's first experience with snow. Before I did that however, I should say that I called David three times to find out why he wasn't home from school and when he would be. Prep didn't let them go early (so far) and I was really sad that I could be with him on such a pretty winter day. So, since he could be hear I recorded Cora's first experience with real snow. She loved it!! Then I came in to make a fire. Usually that is David's arena but I couldn't stand to go through such a wintry day without a fire in my fireplace. I tried to take a picture of that but my camera's batteries became "exhausted". My camera always acts like it is in its first trimester of pregnancy--quite annoying. So, when it is "rested" I will get that picture and put up those of Cora. Merry Christmas everyone!

Oh, another weird/funny thing. When I saw the snow it took me to the Christmas of 2004 where it snowed on Christmas day in New Orleans. Truly a miracle--but what happened the next fall was Hurricane Katrina. I thought about that and when I called my parents I said, "I hope that doesn't mean we'll have another hurricane." Dad told me that Mom said the same thing--funny. I must get my paranoia from her. :)

1 comment:

  1. I secretly called you at the beginning of my second period class today to try to wake you while it was still snowing. I dialed your number and when it sounded like someone picked up, I told the class, "I know you don't feel like taking a test today when it's snowing outside, but..." and hoped that you got the message.

    ReplyDelete