Wednesday, December 10, 2008

18 weeks and a peek at the future

Yesterday, as some of you already know, we found out that this growing object in my body is actually a boy. His sonogram pictures were beautiful. You can see them on David's blog at www.davidhogue.wordpress.com I was so absorbed in girldom (even made a little girl's dress and a pattern for another) that I was somewhat taken aback as I thought through being a mom of a little boy. It doesn't scare me but it is just an adjustment in my perspective. Everything was healthy so far. We opted not to have further chromosomal tests done, thinking that there are many false positives and that I would have to wait out the rest of the pregnancy fearing the worst.

My present symptoms are:
-my clothes don't fit
-my feet hurt pretty bad if I'm on my feet a lot during the day
-feeling pretty normal emotionally and that must be those great pregnancy hormones everyone has been telling me about
-my nose is always producing mucus and it usually leads to coughing

My present fears are:
-lack of sleep along with postpartum or loss of nice hormones will make me insane (not using hyperbole). I am hearing stories like these from a couple of people.
-the only reason i'm feeling good these days is because of hormones and not because I've been feeling better overall in winter months. (though, don't worry, i'll enjoy it as long as I can).

1 comment:

  1. His sonogram is BEAUTIFUL and you will feel like being a mama to a boy is the most natural thing in the world in NO time!
    I will say that sewing for a boy is harder than it is for a girl...those blasted snaps in the crotch get me every time! :-)
    Cheers to healthy boys!

    ReplyDelete