Thursday, December 11, 2008

not a creature was stirring....

actually, there is something stirring in our attic right this very minute. It sounds huge like a raccoon. But it is probably a squirrel or rat that has made our toasty attic a home. I would be fine coexisting with this creature if I could be assured that it wasn't diseased or ruining the insulation. I hate to kick it out into the cold and I definitely hate the idea of killing it. Afterall, it is just trying to survive. It thought it hit the jackpot with our attic--do I really want to disappoint the poor creature. I know my inlaws would be shaking their heads going, "Kill the thing already". I am not wired that way. I also was brought up in an animal friendly home (though we did not coexist with rodents). I remember watching ants when I was about 7 yrs old and I picked one and smooshed it. Immediately I felt horrible and cried for this little ant. How could I kill it with no just cause--it was a random murder. Yes, this is how sensitive I am to lesser creatures.

1 comment: