Wednesday, November 12, 2008

what i'm doing

Nothing special to report or talk about right now. I just wanted to write something. I'm sitting on our couch waiting for a plumber to come and check out a leak we've noticed outside our house. Not sure how he's going to notice it since it is as wet as the atlantic out there. I want him to come and go so I can go to Hancock's fabric to get some supplies to make something. I'm hoping to go sew with Paula La (La Fam blog linked to the right) this week and I need something to work on. I know if I don't continue to work on sewing I will forget how. Also, since my guest room headboard came out well I need to get more supplies to make one for our own bedroom. It really could not be easier to make. After Hancock's I'm going next door to Fads n' Frames to check out their prices for christmas decor. I've been trying to find affordable wreaths and garland and I'm learning that classic christmas decor is NOT cheap. This seems like the perfect weather for these tasks because it is so wintry looking outside. Oh, here's the plumber. Gotta go.

3 comments:

  1. hey there guitta! I hope you're doing well, and we can't wait to see you over Thanksgiving!! We miss you and David!

    I wanted to tell you a real affordable Christmas Decor you can get. You can go to Lowes and get their leftover branches from trimming the bottom of the Christmas trees, for free! They will just give them to you, as much as you want. And the firs are so beautiful, and smell so good. I always make my wreath for the front door with them, and use them inside too.

    Well you take care mama, and we will see you soon, Lord willing, love you girl, kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that if you should have a daughter, her name should be Hope. It would go perfectly with your blog as you would be growing Hope. This is the cheesiest thing I think I've ever posted . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, it may be cheesy, paula, but i've often thought it already. there would be SO much meaning with that name...except Hope Hogue sounds funny. So, I'm thinking maybe it could be a middle name either for this girl or some future girl. So, good thinkin', girlfriend!

    kat! thanks for the tip. I'm not sure I know how to make a wreath from scraps but I can definitely decorate other things with it (like the fireplace mantel). Let's just hope I get to the scraps before someone else does ;). One more week and we all get to be together--hurray!!

    ReplyDelete