Tuesday, November 4, 2008

13 weeks and counting

Well, as you know (if you are a consistent reader of Growing Hope) that I have felt a surge of energy just shy of my 2nd trimester. Today, however, I felt so tired, unmotivated and sleepy. I woke up at 8:15am and not two hours later needed another nap. This is the beginning of my 2nd trimester so my expectations are that I will be bouncing off the walls with energy. Also, I thought I would walk around like a ravenous wolf all the time. Neither has been true so far. Though, it seemed like I had surges of energy it hasn't seemed consistent. And as far as hunger, I'm not hungry much. Sometimes, food has no appeal at all and I only eat because I have to. I'm not sure what it is about but I'm not generally concerned--it is just isn't what I expected. Also, I'm not showing a bit. I realize that I'm long-waisted and also that this is my first pregnancy which tends to take longer to stretch out and grow but hardly a bump is what I feel. I'm the only one who sees or feels it. I can tell that when I sit down in jeans that there are times I have to unbutton my top button--not a usual occurrence. So, I feel pressure where there is supposed to be our baby but that's all. I am hoping to be blossoming by Christmas if only to have a great Christmas card picture and so that my extended family won't be too disappointed when they see my flat (but not for long) tummy. It always seems like my students and faculty at David's work are always searching my midsection for any sign of a baby. I know there will time enough for looking like a whale but I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you every time I think about you, which is pretty often. I hope that you do get some more energy again soon, though, feeling so tired is no fun. But I'm very glad that you're not constantly sick!
    Love you bunches and bunches!

    ReplyDelete