Saturday, August 15, 2009

swingin' a sling

warning: scary hair pictures :)





I have enjoyed our sling when I have used it and highly recommend it to other mothers. I especially recommend it to mothers who have children that want to be held a lot (like mine). Some books and experts write that anything can be accomplished while a baby is in a sling. Uh...no. But it gives more freedom than you would have. In my sling I have: baked a cake, folded clothes, swept the floor, shopped, walked through a museum, and various other things. I also use it to help me hold him when I am soothing him to sleep. He is heavy and my arms are strong but after awhile they get sore. One more reason to use the sling, it is so good for your baby. They get all those good chemicals running through their body from being close to their momma. Also, they are able to be a passive participant in your daily activities. They learn about their world this way. It is very stimulating. My son happens to be super observant and will throw a hissy if he has to see the same scenery longer than 30 seconds sometimes. So, this helps keep him busy. What's more comforting than hanging out with momma?

I have been using a sling by "tiny safari". I bought it at Dr. Saenz office in madison (breastfeeding clinic). I think you can order it online too at www.tinysafari.com. I like it better than the ones from Hotslings because it is adjustable as your baby grows or depending on the several different positions you use.

1 comment:

  1. Arg! I want to use the sling so badly. I have a zolo ring sling, and every time I've tried to use it Sam and I have gotten too hot and he just doesn't seem comfortable. He gets all crooked and scrunched and I can never get him at the right height for it to support his head so his head flops all around.

    Sorry I am just complaining on your blog. Hm. How old was he when you started using it? Did he have head control? Did he take to it right away? Or did you have to get him used to it gradually? Any tips on positioning?

    Sam definitely likes to be held. Sometimes he'll settle for the vibrating bouncer or swing . . . after he's been held a lot and is really ready to go to sleep. It is really hard to eat breakfast some mornings.

    ReplyDelete