Saturday, August 15, 2009

a break

Well, sort of a break. I had to go to the yearly adjunct meeting this morning from 8-11:30am at the Raymond campus of Hinds Community College. I was nervous about going because it was the longest I have ever been away from baby david. However, I am completely and utterly comfortable leaving baby david with his daddy. This gave me peace of mind. Other than getting up early and other than having to listen to a bunch of stuff that was repetitious to me (afterall, I have been doing this for 4 years), it was so good for me to get away. I came home feeling refreshed and happy to see baby david.

In related news, David and I have been praying and thinking on who could babysit our sweet baby. We were pretty specific about our needs. We wanted someone who was willing to come with me to work for a little while until I think baby david is familiar with his sitter and vice versa. Also, if I am needed for anything, I will just be a hallway away. I also don't have stores of breastmilk yet. This was STRESSING me out. I just couldn't see how all of this was going to pan out and was worried about finding someone for those few afternoon hours. Alas, I prayed about it this morning and chose not to worry and *poof* we have babysitters. The Lord is good because they are folks I feel comfortable hanging out with baby david and I feel comfortable enough to specify what we want. Hurray!

What does that mean? It means that David and I can date again (each other, of course). I am excited about the possibilities of getting away and not being constrained by nursing (b/c I am working on my stores from now on). David is excited to go to the movies while I am just thrilled to have a change of scenery without the cares of caring for an infant for a few hours. I suppose I am getting ahead of myself. I still have to see how the sitters and david mesh but I am hoping for the best! Afterall, these girls have more experience with babies than I ever had.

1 comment: