Monday, May 5, 2008

dust is settling

It has been almost two weeks since Mr. Hogue passed away. For some unknown reason, it feels as though it happened years ago. All the children have gone back home (except for one who is leaving tomorrow). Despite the sorrow of losing my father-in-law so suddenly and unexpectedly, I was overjoyed to be with the family in its entirety. It was wonderful to have all the kids running around and all the sisters-in-law to chat with. I know David felt supported by his siblings and I definitely felt a part of something special with the Hogue wives and Hogue sisters. I loved it! I came home to Jackson and felt the emptiness of our house all the more. It was more quiet and sullen. I missed everyone. We've been back this past weekend and will be going again this weekend and I'm glad for it. I get to be around friends who are family--what a blessing! This definitely helps the argument of large families.

I have some great pictures to share but once again I'm not on my home computer. I'll post them soon, hopefully.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Guitta, we continue to pray for David's family. I thought they lived in Jackson, so I"m confused. Where will you be traveling to see them? I hope that it will be a peaceful time.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing you & David this weekend. Great pics! I love you both. James

    ReplyDelete