Friday, May 16, 2008

my soundtrack

I am feeling inspired to walk down memory lane by showing you all the music I treasured in my short *ahem* history. As David toils away on making out his exams, I toured Youtube.com and found the videos I breathed and lived during my adolescent years. I don't have the hormones raging like I once did but I sure remember what it was like and I could not feel more sentimental about these songs and artists. I thought about me putting them up as rather selfish since it isn't entertaining the masses, necessarily, but sharing my musical biography. But I can't help but do this for my own sake. I hope you are not infinitely bored and if you are, I will do my best not to take it personally. These songs are very much a part of me. Some people can love a song and not be insulted when others don't--i am not like those people. If someone drags U2 through the mud, I am personally offended. Also, once I love a song and is "part of me" it is never ever ever not a part of me. It is there forever. So, though I would not choose to love a certain song in my present self, I still respect the song out of where I was when I did choose it. Does that make any sense? Music has crazy importance to me. If someone wants to know me they should listen to the music I love. When David and I were dating he found out that I loved U2. He asked me what my favorite album was. Soon after, he bought that album to listen to (and listen to, he did). That was big to me. To me, it was as good as a personal interview to listen to that album. It meant so much to me. I wish I could explain this tie more clearly--but I have often wished my life had a soundtrack because in my head it does.

4 comments:

  1. So, do we get to know what any of the songs are? Or are you concerned that we might not like the songs? I'd love to know what's playing on your soundtrack!
    Oh, and I was really impressed at the part where David bought the U2 album and really listened to it because it was your favorite--such a great guy!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I understand David's "soundtrack" comment yesterday. :-) Love to you both. J

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, what's on your soundtrack lately? Miss hearing your thoughts.
    But how's this for a thought--about 29 days
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, Isaiah really likes the picture of Cora that you have as your header. When we're checking out the blogs, he always smiles really big and makes what I think might be his "dog noise", but I do know that it's a really happy sound.

    ReplyDelete