Wednesday, March 5, 2008

hope SPRINGS eternal

I am so thrilled that it is March already. It was a bitter winter and I say goodbye to it without regret! I love the promises of spring--the new growth, the comforting warm winds, and longer hours of blissful daylight! The pear tree in front of our neighbor's yard has already started sprouting tiny leaves and I couldn't be more excited. I think it might always be spring in Heaven, though I can't say for sure. It isn't written anywhere but I think spring is as close to perfect as we can see here on this terrestrial ball.

4 comments:

  1. Here's to a wonderful spring together, my love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this year I can appreciate spring better than I have at any other time in my life. Spring is a time of new growth obviously seen, which is what will be constantly happening in heaven as we learn more and more about God. So I think you're right, in some ways it will always be spring in heaven.
    Love you, Guitta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New heavens and a new earth! Whatever the season when God makes all things new, it's going to be beautiful, green, vibrant, and full of light.

    Guitta, when I was living down in Brazil and Jim was very little, I used to carry him on the path back and forth between my house and my in-laws. ( We were always at their house.) Anyway, I would walk the path at night, carrying Jim, and I felt so alone with my little burden in the dark. One night I wrote a poem, sad, because all my poems were sad then, but also comforting to me because there is a place suffused with light, a place like basking in the sun at noon, a reality that I will experience. It was something to hang onto because my reality then was an unending ache and emptiness.

    I'll send you the poem on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i read the poem and it was beautiful. I thank you for sharing it. Periods of aching and sadness (a winter of sorts) is a part of everyone's life, I guess, at some season or another. We look forward to that great day in heaven all the more knowing that the "White Witch" will be gone! Huzzah!!

    ReplyDelete