Friday, November 16, 2007

mistletoe marketplace, part 2

Last weekend, my parents and I attended the mistletoe marketplace. I don't know if there was a parking space further away from the entrance as ours but that was how crowded it was. We paid to get in ($10/person) and got going. My impression of the event was different than a few years ago. I didn't feel out of place or think that people were ridiculously overdressed which probably means that the attitude of the event has changed or that I've lived in Jackson too long. Anyway, the dress code was no big deal. However, what did grab my attention was how packed it was. You could not walk a straight line. To get anywhere you had to weave in and out of folks and then stand in line(!) to even get inside any of the booths to shop. We spent a total 15-20 minutes inside and decided that it wasn't worth it and left. I was feeling claustrophobic and wondered why everyone else didn't mind being packed in like sardines. I find no joy in fighting the crowds and will probably never venture to the mistletoe marketplace again--at least not in the next 3 to5 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment