Monday, October 8, 2007

retired

David informed Twin Lakes on Saturday that it was time for us to move on. So, it is official that after almost 3 years I'm not going to be spending one weekend a month there anymore. I feel very sentimental about it. I have a strong feeling of loyalty to that place and those people. As I mentioned on another post "they are my kind of people". I feel so at home there. It was a good job AND I met my husband there. Don't get me wrong, though. I am sad but I am not sorry that I won't have to spend winter nights on a golf cart with no heat and freezing winds in my face to all hours of the night while we wait for guests to go to bed. I get cold just thinking about it. Since I am making more money through the long stint of substituting I have been doing we are covered financially. Also, David was asked if he was interested in tutoring a Veritas student. So, that may come to fruition as well. The timing for leaving TL is just right it seems from both ends.

2 comments:

  1. guitta, what is your email address?

    love,
    Emily Hubbard

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it is on my facebook profile. i'm hesitant to post it on the blog. if not, let me know and i'll give it to ya.

    ReplyDelete