Friday, October 26, 2007

ouchie!

Yesterday morning I dropped off Cora at the vet so that she could get spayed. I felt terrible when I had to put her in one of their cages and walk away. I could hear her thinking, "Where are you going, Mama?" and "Come back." I could hear her crying and barking while I was in the lobby. When I picked her up in the afternoon she was still out of it because of the anesthesia but I still thought in the back of my mind that she just was forlorn. I interpreted her look as a you-betrayed-me look. I know this is good for her and the population of dogs, in general, but I still hated that I caused that pain. She kept us up a bit during the night because of her pain and restlessness. Poor thing.

This morning she is feeling much better. She was happy though she still felt pain and was moving slower than usual (which was a nice change of pace, actually). All the same, we are glad to have her back!!

1 comment:

  1. you are BRAVE...livie still has all her parts cause i just can't make myself take her!

    ReplyDelete