Thursday, April 7, 2011

the tale of a tile backsplash and how a husband was victorious

I promised some pictures of the tile backsplash project that my husband accomplished.  Again, I'm super-proud of his work.  I know that if I were to do it would have come out sloppier, with way more mistakes, and many extra trips to the hardware store.  He was much more methodical and patient through the process than I know I would have been.  I also think that it was good for his soul to do something that didn't involve latin, books, or school. 

 

 These are the before pics.  The white area is where our old countertops were before the granite.



Below is David adding the adhesive to place the tile onto.  We had to rent a wet tile saw which helped with all the complicated cuts.  Lots of math was involved and I'm very impressed with his mathmatical skills--another way to tell that he is very left brained while I'm very right.  I came up with the the design and he implemented it.

This is the tile place and spaced before grout is applied.

Grouting and wiping

Finishing up
I want to put up a grand "TA DA" photo but I want to wait until (1) all the switchplates are back up and (2) my kitchen is clean and not being used (like a magazine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment