Monday, April 4, 2011

amazingly things are getting done

Taking into consideration that I'm more and more tired as the weeks go by (34 and counting--keep praying guys!), it is amazing how much we've been able to do.  A lot of it has to do with my sweet husband who is willing to appease his wife with fierce nesting instincts.  He put up the tile backsplash and it looks absolutely beautiful (pictures to come).  I am so proud of his work!  We got the roof fixed (mostly) and rearranged our furniture (changing table in our room and my old dresser--the one i grew up with!--in the nursery/soon-to-be-david's room.), re-covered the dining room chairs (pics coming soon), changed out the chandelier from something rather outdated to a crystal chandelier that has become retro-chic on HGTV and it was FREE!  I've organized all the clothes (packing those that are outgrown and unpacking the infancy clothes--so incredibly small!) and purchased a cheap but good-looking rug from walmart for out dining room. 

It is April now and I'm happy to say that we will have an april or may baby and not a march one, again.  David's birthday was small but he got to enjoy his first chocolate cake and got some toy cars and airplanes and some outdoor play things like a sandbox and slide.  I turned 32 and it hardly stood out.  My dear husband made the day special by presenting me with gifts throughout the day (puzzle--b/c that is my new old person hobby, cupcakes from Gigi's, a very sweet card, a Foxtrot book--this man knows me so well, and an electrician to finish our undercabinet lighting).  I also got some very generous gifts from my parents and my mother-in-law.  I have yet to figure out what to do with it and am somewhat overwhelmed with the options.

That's all for now.  I'm sorry for the random stream of consciousness that I threw at you.  I hope it makes some semblence of sense. 

1 comment:

  1. happy late birthday to you and david! And i can't wait to see all the pictures, it is so wonderful to get things done! We are praying for you dear mama!

    ReplyDelete