Thursday, April 7, 2011

re-covered dining room chairs




I have had these chairs since we lived in belhaven with the intention of re-covering them.  Well, it took me two years to decide on a fabric and then find that fabric at a price that I could justify paying.  The moons and planets aligned and I was able to get the red patterned fabric shown (along with some fabric for curtains in the kitchen and laundry room).  The chair on the right is what the old fabric looked like.  I just covered over it.  I didn't even bother taking the old fabric off.  I'm a little scared to re-cover the seat that david jr.'s high chair sits on for obvious reasons but I will eventually do that.  However, I will probably cover the chair with some sort of clear plastic just to protect it.  

3 comments:

  1. They look great!!! Bed bath and beyond has plastic seat covers for dining room chairs in a two pack for $8...must have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey girlie, i love the fabric you chose, so pretty, and you can find oilcloth fabric on etsy. There are some really cool ones out there. Oilcloth is just basically a laminated fabric, but it's still very easy to work with. Here is a link
    http://www.etsy.com/search/supplies?q=oilcloth+fabric&page=1

    some are more expensive than others, of course, but you won't need a whole yard. I love the ones designed by "echino

    Anyway, I love your chairs, I wish I could come over and sit in one and visit with yall! We miss yall so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabric! What a great new look!

    ReplyDelete