Wednesday, July 22, 2009

i'm just sayin'...

So my son is now 3 mos. and 3 weeks old. He is a chunk! I was never drawn to fat babies but I love his fat. It is cute and a wonderful sign of the health the Lord has blessed him (and us) with. His feedings only last for about 15 to 20 minutes now and he is eating for the most part every 2 hours. At night, he goes longer. He does cluster-feed every now and then but that usually means a nice stretch after that. He loves kicking his legs as if he were walking (supercute) and loves to have us hold him with his back to us so that he can see the world. He is very watchful and observant.

David finished his summer course and we both agree that it was hard for both of us. I was a single parent and David was stressed about keeping up with the work. The drive there and back was smooth (not to say that we didn't have a crying baby in the back). David let me drive a lot of the way since I LOVE to drive and get my best music and meditation time in the car. He sat in the back with little david to keep an eye. He got to read and sleep which I think he enjoyed.

We are trying to enjoy and take advantage of the 3 weeks we have left before David reports to Jackson Prep. My job is still up in the air (technically it isn't but only because I haven't spoken with my new department head yet). I'm just not sure about leaving little David. I don't have a babysitter lined up and am not sure it is worth it. My job doesn't really pay well but it does ease our monthly budget.

I know this is kind of a boring post but I have no energy at the moment to write anything that is creative or unique. I think I'll be going to bed early tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you can write a post like this any time! I love knowing what's going on with you. I'm nosy like that. :)
    Can't wait to hug you and meet your sweet boy!
    love you!

    ReplyDelete