Thursday, July 2, 2009

chunky monkey






I noticed that all the pictures I put on the blog show our baby looking tiny. Well, he is tiny still but way less tiny. He has caught up in weight. He went from being in the 10th percentile in weight to the 75-90th percentile in two months. The doctors were impressed and I have to say that I feel proud that it was my milk that nourished him. He weighs around 15lbs and is wearing some of his 6mos. clothes. He didn't linger in the 3 mos. category for clothing long enough for him to enjoy those clothes. Our arms are getting a workout since we are holding him so much. He's grown out of the "monkey hold" (as seen above). I'm glad we got pics of it.

He is smiling a lot and we love it! He has an adorable dimpled smile and I don't know that we've caught it on film yet...but we will. He loves to sit up with the help of momma and when he is tired of that view he "asks" us to stand up. He looks very proud of himself as his head wobbles on his strengthening neck. I can see how that is hard work since his cheeks alone probably weigh a lot. He allows us to put him in the swing way more. He spends close to at least 20 minutes in his swing daily. He loves looking at the mirror and dancing lambs. The ceiling fan holds an undefeatable allure for him--good thing we have one in every room. His parents are enjoying the more interactive David. It beats the gassy David of a month before. I love to talk to him in a made up language that I got from David sr. who I think got it from his older brother, Benjamin. I also love to kiss him. He is so very kissable!

2 comments:

  1. wow! he has gotten so big!! i called jude chunky monkey for a while too :) he's soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable! And you look beautiful, you Hot Mama! :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete