Friday, September 5, 2008

two weeks later...

My head is spinning with all that has happened in the past couple of weeks. First, we moved and did our best to rest, get boxes unpacked in our living areas and clean our last apartment. We were both exhausted and David began to get sick. We had our garage sale the next Saturday (Aug 30th) and it went well. My parents came into town just in time to help us with unpacking, sorting furniture in the two other bedrooms and minor repairs. Then I had my parents and uncle Joseph, aunt Hannah, and cousin Fadi come over to avoid Gustav. I was a bit freaked that Katrina would happen all over again. I was so worried to see my parents have to go through what they already had. Anyway, I decided not to obsess over the news and it helped. They left yesterday to find electricity, no flooding, and very slight damage (Praise the Lord). When they left my friends Rachael and Jamie and their two kids came for a night on their way home from northern Arkansas--also fleeing the hurricane. Today, I'm home and have no motivation or energy to do anything. I am getting over a nasty cold (that David denies passing to me :) ) and am looking forward to a relaxing weekend. we'll see...

Coming soon: pics of our new house (I need to find the wire that I use to connect the computer to the camera--sigh).

1 comment:

  1. What?! You've moved and had tons of company and you still can't find a little bitty cord that connects your camera to your computer?! I"m appalled, I mean, what is this world coming to? ;)
    Seriously, though, I hope that you are feeling much better soon. Get some rest, drink plenty of fluids (like water, not coffee, of course), and if hugs make you feel better, please tell David to give you a hug for me!
    I love you and miss you!
    Oh, and I do look forward to seeing pics of your new place!

    ReplyDelete