Sunday, September 21, 2008

not a moment too soon

A couple of weeks ago we found out that I was pregnant by 5 weeks. We were going to keep it on the down low until our 1st dr's appt but decided we could not wait that long. Besides, I wanted people praying for that appt with us. So, now I am waiting for the 30th when we find out if everything is ok so far. I will feel like it is real then when we hear a heartbeat. As the days go by, more of the shock and denial wear off and excitement comes to take its place. I can't wait to have more energy to accomplish all the things I would like to get done before May. May! What a great month to have a baby. David and I will be finished or finishing our semesters teaching and will have 2 and half summer months to get used to the new addition. A week before I found out I was pregnant I met with the doctor we will use. I was hoping to find someone who was laid back and not prone to freaking out or freaking patients out. She is just that. A laid back Christian woman who was kind and understanding and also willing to listen to what plans we were hoping to implement (within reason, of course). I love how the Lord just planned this all at the right time. As seen in the post below, we have just gotten a house...and not a moment too soon.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! We'll definitely be praying!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. guitta! hey girl, I am so happy to hear such sweet news! I am praying for you and that little one. I love your house too, we can't wait to see it! I hope all the unpacking is going ok. We love yall!!! Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guitta, I am just thrilled for you both! If y'all need anything baby-wise or just in general, let me know! Who is your doctor? I can't wait to see you and catch up on everything. May is a wonderful time for a birth. That's when Johnny was born. You can wear cute winter spring maternity clothes and not be pregnant when it is hot. I'll pray for your appointment, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete