Friday, February 1, 2008

truck for sale

I was just minding my business inside my home when I hear this huge crash with metal crunching. I look out my window to see a HUGE tree has fallen on our neighbor's truck. I immediately ran out to see what was going on. I thought to myself, "surely that was purposeful" but then thought, "if it were purposeful, wouldn't they avoid the truck?"

Well, the tree fell without any help. It randomly toppled over into the area that Cora (our dog) and I frequently walk. I'm thankful we weren't there--I don't know if I would have thought fast enough to get us out of the way.
I have never known trees to fall without the help of a tornado, hurricane, or at least storm. It's a beautiful day with no wind. Weird, weird, weird. Below is a picture of the root of the tree.

6 comments:

  1. I saw a huge tree fall on Howard Street once. It was out of the blue too. Until then it had never occurred to me to worry about the possibility of a tree falling on me while I was out for a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the most powerful display of natural destruction I have ever witnessed.

    Guitta, I am discovering that you are the only one who updates your blog.

    -Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, when I was living in BR still, one saturday morning a large oak tree decided to keel over (no obvious stimulus like bad weather, etc.) and send a limb straight into my truck windshield almost through to the back of the cab. I was happily sleeping in that morning, awakened for only a second by a big crash, not aware that my poor truck had received the blow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am way regarding around my web site reading through. Thank you intended for spreading your entire learnings you are able to great end of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to be visiting your weblog once more, it has been months for me. Well this write-up that i’ve been waited for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This write-up in which i’ve been recently continued to wait for so very long. Cheers, great discuss.

    ReplyDelete