Monday, February 11, 2008

7 random things about me

So, there is this epidemic going around where people are writing 7 random things about themselves and then "tagging" others to do the same. It is interesting that I'm doing this since anytime I got anything like that on email I would read, laugh, and then take no part. I'm a nonconformist that way. ;)

#1 I don't like to bathe, shower or do anything hygiene wise. So, that means that I manage to do this as little as possible. For those out there who can't go a day without showering--you would freak out to know how long I can go without the soap. That's a dousy of a fact, isn't it?! I will take long hot baths to read and warm up on a cold day, though. That's recreational, however. Another tidbit, is that this is something that I like about myself. I find it kind of "cool" of me. Like I'm not high-maintenance or something. Also, there are good reasons to bathe less like conserving water and keeping all that good bacteria on me.

#2 I don't like it when I call people and leave a long, exhaustive, and informative message on their voicemail and then they call and ask me to repeat it because they didn't listen to it. Oh, and on top of that--I really dislike phone conversations especially with people I haven't talked to in awhile. Not because I don't love them (because I really really do) but because I find it so much more satisfying to catch up in person. Phone calls always leave something to be desired. I do it, of course, only because I would live under a rock if I didn't.

#3 I enjoy People magazine. It is a complete guilty pleasure. I refuse to buy it however because I don't want to support the media/paparazzi frenzy. So, I always hang out at bookstores and catch up on the latest news and fashion.

#4 I'm a really good belcher. I'm not necessarily bragging because many of my friends find this habit sincerely gross. Though I do have others that won't blink an eyelash and will even rate me from 1 to 10. I'll only do this with you if I am completely comfortable and secure around you.

#5 I can bellydance. My family always had dancing at big family gatherings and I learned by watching. No matter what size you are belly dancing looks good. The first time people saw me belly dance was in graduate school. Before that it would be behind closed doors.

#6 I have a soft, soft red blanket that I have had since I was very small. It is such a comforting item that when I was young I often thought that if there was a fire that the blanket and my pictures would be the things that I grab. I have many memories of this blanket. Dad covered me with it on Saturday mornings so I could watch cartoons. I used to lay it on the ground and play with hot wheel cars through the hills and crevices. I love it! Thanks to Aunt Guitta who gave it to me so long ago. I can't wait to cover my kids with it.

#7 I love to drive. I always have been drawn to driving. Back in the day with hotwheel cars (how many girls do you know played with hotwheels?) I would look forward to driving. Dad started me early by allowing me to steer the wheel, or later drive (without a permit, even) with him in the passenger seat. By the time I had my license it was old hat. When I learned to drive a stick shift (something I was immensely proud of) I did so with gusto. I miss having a stick shift. I also love long cartrips. :)

That was fun. Hope you learned something.

2 comments: