Tuesday, January 22, 2008

what this blog is about

You know, when I started this blog it was going to really dwell on all things that bring hope in a world that will give either none or false hope. Our hope cannot, I mean really cannot, be placed on anything in the world. Not our friends, our spouses, ourselves. Not our income, our insurance, our car. Not our energy, our health, our stability. So what's left? Nothing. There is nothing here that will not fail us (sorry for the double negative). Often I find myself wanting to place my hope in something or someone tangible. And over and over I learn that people will fail eventually, plans will fail eventually because they are people and they are our plans. It isn't an easy lesson but a good one. I can either despair that there is nothing in the world that is entirely, and totally dependable or I can find the One who is. And to be honest, I don't always look for Jesus. Sometimes I get angry and yell out to him (mostly in my mind) that we should have more security and guarantees. He is much bigger than me and He can listen to my modern psalm and know that it is but a tantrum of a child who doesn't belong in this world. I am glad He can handle my anger, my cries, and sometimes my despair. I am glad He knows what we suffer on a personal level--afterall, he experienced so much more. He doesn't just put up with my tantrum as parents would but has compassion. Compassion that could melt the heart and could warm the fires of hope that threatened to be quenched. Praise the Lord that He loves me so. Praise the Lord that He conquered this world. Praise the Lord that He has promised not to leave me or forsake me.

3 comments:

  1. What a good reminder, my dear friend.

    And changing the subject a little, I love your pictures on your header--you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, praise the Lord that he is bigger and more understanding than we are and his provision is always for the best (John 10:10). As for the yelling out to him, thank goodness he can take it even when my neighbors cannot:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a committed Christian from the UK and have stumbled on your Blog whilst searching for Lucy Pevensie's clothes as worn in Narnia...I thank you for what you have written; for telling it really as it often is...how raw we feel at times, and allowing us to identify with you. And reminding me that Jesus will never leave me.

    ReplyDelete