Friday, January 18, 2008

pictures of ski trip




This is Main St. in Breckenridge. This was our first night there after a great meal with Julia and Jocie. We walked the streets and were amazed by the winter wonderland. Christmas lights were on and there were areas where new snow was untouched (so naturally I touched it--see next picture).


The next pictures are of our first day skiing. It was a great day except for the very end. I did green (easiest) slopes all day and was doing pretty well (so David and Julia said). David was encouraging me to try a blue (less easy-steeper slopes, higher altitude) slope and so I did. BAD IDEA! I was tired and the sun was going down so the mountain was pretty deserted and I had a couple of really jolting hard falls. So, naturally I start crying and can't stop and I just want to get off the mountain NOW. David went ahead and alerted the rescue snow mobile (not a bad way to get down a scary mountain). Since this experience was so traumatic to me I didn't go skiing the rest of the trip. Julia joined us for the morning (she was a snow boarder).


Skiing was, fortunately, a lot like rollerblading. So I have to thank Tony for getting me into that sport. It came in handy. I enjoyed the experience of seeing that much snow and wearing the gear but I don't think I could live in that kind of climate. It is quite cumbersome to wear all those layers. I'm more of a light packer so I am glad for the Louisiana heat.

1 comment:

  1. You're so cute in your snow suit.

    Love you,

    David

    ReplyDelete