Tuesday, March 8, 2011

preterm paranoia

After David jr. came 6 wks early I am more watchful/wary/worried about every sensation pregnancy brings from here on to the end of my pregnancy.  The problem is that I'm 30 wks along and it is hard to avoid strange and unusual sensations since there is, afterall, a person growing inside of me that moves.  I think that I have been having Braxton-hicks contractions so this adds to my trepidation.  What if this is the beginning of preterm labor?  What is going to happen to David jr. if I have to be in the hospital for a week or more?  Who will take over my class?  David sr. suggested we come up with a plan over spring break and then asked if the baby can wait that long.  I wish I had the answer to that.  I haven't gotten into the hospital and I already miss my little boy.  This will be the first time I leave him overnight and I don't like it.  I wish he could come with us (and honestly, I haven't ruled that out completely yet). 

I do take comfort in the fact that many people are praying for us and I know it!  I know they are praying for this baby to go to term.  Thank you so much, guys!  You know who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment