Friday, November 27, 2009

the ABC's of giving thanks

I thought it would be fun to go through the alphabet of things I'm thankful that aren't Jesus, friends, or family.

A- attachment parenting (I can hear you groaning from here)
B- Bono and blogs (i read a lot of them for inspiration)
C- cool breezes (esp. since I have hot flashes all the time)
D- December (Christmas--ooh, could've used that for "C")
E- easy recipes
F- Florida (no beaches like it) and FoxTrot comic strips
G- ground beef (i fell in love with when I had my first hamburger)
H- happy tv shows, music, and people
I- Icee (don't drink them now but they were happy treats from my childhood)
J- justice served on this side of heaven
K- krispie kreme donuts (because they make my husband so happy)
L- loose clothing (it means i'm losing weight--hello! I am way smaller than I was before pregnancy and before jr. high for that matter)
M- microchips (don't understand them but i am glad they exist)
N- naps (any kind, for either baby or myself)
O- open, honest and I-care-about-you/I-care-about-me communication (yes, I'm a nerdy therapist)
P- Pennsylvania Dutch eggnog
Q- Q-tips (ok, so not a lot of Q's but I'm reaching)
R- rock and roll, baby!
S- SUNSHINE!!!!
T- t.v. (very uncool to some people to like t.v. but I don't care)
U- underbed storage (holds wrapping goodies, out of season clothing)
V- vino (ok, i cheated--it is in a different language)
W- winter drinks at starbucks (i never get them but i like knowing they are there with their festive red cups)
X- X-mas (ok, reaching again...)
Y- yellow houses (so cheerful no matter the weather)
Z- zippers (because they are functional and practical)

2 comments:

  1. I like this idea and had no idea you were such a fan of ground beef! We'll put it on the menu next time we eat with y'all. : ) Tuan, the kids and I had a wonderful time with you guys! It was such a fun and refreshing visit.

    ReplyDelete