Saturday, May 9, 2009

top ten list of why i love being a mom


10. I love having an excuse to be negligent in other areas of my life-- especially with my cellphone. (not that i wasn't already negligent, but now i have the excuse).

9. I love the smell of my newborn's head.

8. I love the cute clothes and tiny diapers (when they are clean, of course)

7. I love that everyone wants to visit us to see our baby--instant popularity!

6. I love watching him grow and change daily.

5. I love that I have a baby that looks like my wonderful husband. I love seeing his face in my son.

4. I love that my baby has my olive skin tone. All this time I thought it was jaundice until the doctor informed me otherwise.

3. I love to sing to my baby, even if it isn't doing squat to soothe him. It probably soothes me.

2. I love and live for this boy's smiles. He is just starting to show us his smiles but we have hints of what it will be like when he is asleep. I've heard him chuckle and I can't stop myself from grinning.

1. I love to snuggle with our baby boy. I don't know if all infants are so snuggly but I love, love, love it. Young David will scoot his swaddled self (think inch worm) over to bury his head in my bosom while sleeping.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! I'm so thankful that little David has such a beautiful mom.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your blog. It is a wonderful time in your life - I actually miss it!! Love, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your blog. It is a wonderful time in your life - I actually miss it!! Love, Connie

    ReplyDelete