Wednesday, April 4, 2007

a birthday well-spent




What do you do when the world is at your fingertips as it is on my birthday? The only logical thing, of course, is to buy a bunch of junk food, pull the couch close to the t.v. and play video games all day long. This idea started when I told him that I used to always tell myself that i would rent a game system for the weekend and play to my hearts content. When you've spent a lot of time with guy cousins who were infinitely better at these games than you are AND you are outnumbered 7 to 1 than you don't get many turns and the turns themselves aren't very long (didn't take long for me to die). I have to say, though, that i was a bit disappointed that i would have to share with David who turned out to be good with video games. So, I had to wait...again. But, I did get my fill when he took a nap. :)

The experience led David and I to consider whether we should invest in a game system. It was a moment of weakness we both agree because our stronger sides know that we will be enticed and wooed by the video games and in a month we will have turned into a couple of overweight, jobless, pale people who only move to reach for the soda or pizza or the cup we'll pee in. So, for now we will settle for the occassional day of video game bliss. I'll post pictures soon!

6 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed your birthday! Hope you got my late night comment birthday wish!
    Your ideal birthday cracks me up! Sometimes we are absolute opposites! :-)

    come meet my heart soon!
    e

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Guitta, I am so glad you are on here! Your blog is fun to read--Tuan loves gaming (as I'm sure David can attest) but he has mercifully given them up at home. I confess I feel a tug every now and then myself and we sometimes pull out Tuan's old games when we are at his house. Fun stuff. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had games to your hearts content on your birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday, Guitta! By the way, if you're going to waste a day doing something, I recommend watching '24'. And, you will waste a day, literally, but you'll be lovin' every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. david and i know all about wasting hours and hours on the appropriately titled "24". I think they are going to have to list another diagnosis in all the medical books termed 24-itis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, video games and junk food. That about sums up my entire childhood. Good times.

    ReplyDelete