Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hallelujah!

There has been quite a fad of late where seemingly random people in a public place break into song and/or dance in a well rehearsed way.  It, of course, is rigged.  These folks have practiced and assign a time and place and the fun begins.  David and I watched several of these, like the one done at Ole Miss a few years ago.  There was another one we took a moment to watch about a week ago.  I'm tickled by this idea.  I would love to be in that audience--it really would make my day to see this happen.  Or even to orchestrate one. 

We watched this one that took place in the foodcourt of a shopping mall.  As far as I know it was a thousand miles away.  This group began (one person at a time) to sing Handel's Messiah.  At first, we were both tickled by what we saw, as usual.  I'm not sure if it was the thoughts of my sweet father-in-law now passed who loved this song, or if it was that I was seeing the Lord being praised in such a public place but I began to feel moved.  By the last couple of minutes, I was weeping.  I turned to David and he also was full of emotion.  This fun idea turned into a beautiful moment of worship that was joy-filled and somber all at once.  So, I'm pleased to share this with you.

Please note that this is a different video than the one performed at Macy's.  Just in case you already saw that one.

1 comment:

  1. I watched one at Christmas and was so moved! It makes me look forward to singing with at great multitude one day!

    ReplyDelete