Thursday, October 22, 2009

kitchen redo






I have been doing brain somersaults trying to figure out what to do with our kitchen. I am awful at making these decisions that will last for years and be expensive. It is hard to commit to something depending that is dependent on my decision. So, I am sending out a request for feedback on this kitchen. I have poured over magazines, blogs, and other internet sites to find the perfect solution. Anyway, here it is:

I am still unsure whether to paint our cabinets. I think I want to but then I start to doubt again. David feels sure it should be painted. Look at these pictures and tell me what you think.

We need to have a backsplash. I am open to all suggestions. I have gone from glass tile, to paint, to halfway up or all the way up the wall. I'm just to darn uncertain. The granite countertops that we got this summer are to be the focal point. They are shiny so does that mean I need a matte finish on the backsplash tile? I would love to use glass tile but it may compete with the granite and I don't want that to happen. I want the eye to be drawn to whatever it is supposed to be drawn to. Meredith--your expertise is especially coveted.

I need suggestions for both brown cabinets and white. I also thought about going a bit crazy and painting the cabinets a greyish blue color. Sounds crazier than I think it would look but it is all about resale here. We want to resell. We will hopefully have a stainless steel appliances. The floor is a greyish stone with creamy undertones (vinyl tile).

No comments:

Post a Comment